Are you passionate about the rights of the people in your community?
Are you already trying to help people with their problems?
Would you like some support in the help you give to people, particularly those falling into debt and facing extreme hardship?
If so, we would like to meet you.
Advice Nottingham is offering
training to people who work in
different communities across
Nottingham City to provide
support, advice & guidance to
people affected financially by
inflation, zero hour contracts, cuts in benefits and soaring energy and fuel prices.
What training and support an Advice
Champion will be given?
Advice Champions will have four training
sessions in the following areas:
- Session 1 – Role and Boundaries
- Session 2 – The Benefit System Part 1
- Session 3 – Benefits system Part 2 &
- Session 4 – Debt and Budgeting
- Session 5 – Fuel efficiency
- Session 6 – Review & presentation
What will an Advice Champion do?
Become an Advice Champion and get the information that will help you to; help yourself, your friends, your family and your neighbours.
Advice Champions will be given the opportunity to attend 6 workshops (2 hours) that will cover lots of topics relating to welfare benefit entitlement, energy efficiency, pre-tenancy facts, handling debts ‘who to pay’ and budgeting tips.
The sessions will be fun and full of useful facts that will give the advice champions lots of knowledge and confidence to become a real community winner.
Advice Champions will know what help is available and exactly where to get that help.
Opportunities to go on to accredited training.
Who would be an ideal Advice Champion?
- Team players
- People who wish to increase their knowledge of welfare issues and keep up to date with the reforms, thereby enabling them to be come an invaluable source of information for
- Good listeners who can treat members of their community with empathy and understanding.
- People who are already helping their community and doing paid or unpaid work
Additional resources that will be available to all Advice Champions are:
- On-going Training – to keep up to date with welfare reforms/money management issues
- Phone, e-mail and face-to-face support from the advice centre in their area
- Regular Discussion Forums – Advice Champions will work as a network of people serving communities across the City of Nottingham
- Newsletters – incorporating news, views and updates from all involved!
Find out more:
St Anns Advice Centre
The Neighbourhood Centre
Robin Hood Chase
Phone: 0115 748 3179